Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Some good news and some changes

We met with Dr. Kosmo, my oncologist, today.  My hemoglobin was up, which is good  and my cancer marker numbers were down again.  In April the cancer makers were almost 3500 and today they were 70.  Normal is supposedly 37.  We discussed my lethargy and sleepiness and he did not think it was related to hemoglobin.  He thought it could be related to the pain meds.  So we decided to dispense with the pain meds (daily morphine and roxycontin as needed as well as the nightly sleeping pills).  I have not really needed pain meds but took the morphine to maintain a base in my system.

We also talked about getting a PET scan in early October.  It appears that this test is the definitive one regarding what is going on with the tumors and cancer.

And the best part of the day.........  my oncology meds did not come in so I get another week off chemo.  Consequently, Martha and I plan to go to Laguna Beach's Surf and Sand on Friday for an early celebration of her birthday, which is on Monday, 9/29/08.

Thanks to everyone who has kept me in their thoughts and prayers.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

great news!
can't wait to read that all tests are normal.
give martha our love.
melissa, natalie and cortes
the "no ho" bunch

Anonymous said...

Delighted to hear the good news! Prayer and medicine seem to be working.

A very hapy birthday to Martha.
How are her wrists doing?

sugarmama said...

SO AMAZING!!! So amazing! Keep up with the good news! You are unstoppable! XOXO

sugarmama said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kirk said...

Nice to read the good news Bob. Happy Birthday to Martha, have fun in LB.

Kirk and family.