Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Chemo postponed

I went in for chemo yesterday, Tuesday. After hearing about some of my latest symptoms they felt that I may have some sort of low grade infection. So instead of spending 2+ hours getting chemo I spent the same amount of time getting blood samples, blood cultures and an X-Ray. I should have the results this afternoon. In the meantime they gave me some antibiotics. And so far today I have felt great. I rode with Jen to Carlsbad this morning and have been up doing odds and ends most of the day.

This is such an up and down experience not knowing what to expect day-to-day or even hour-to-hour. I find comfort in one of our prayers from the Episcopal Book of Common Prayer:

This is another day, O Lord. I know not what it will bring forth, but make me ready, Lord, for whatever it may be. If I am to stand up, help me to stand bravely. If I am to sit still, help me to sit quietly. If I am to lie low, help me to do it patiently. And if I am to do nothing, let me do it gallantly. Make these words more than words, and give me the Spirit of Jesus. Amen.

1 comment:

JustJack said...

Bob,
That prayer is just perfect especially for your circumstances.

You are still at the top of my prayer list.
Blessings