Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Update and Quotes

Had chemo on Tuesday and only side-effect was a slight fever on Tuesday afternoon. Today I drove round-trip to Mission Viejo (somewhat over 100 miles). I know have a two week break from chemo. Who knows, with this increased energy I might even dust-off my bike.

Martha leaves Saturday for Boston to help out with the new grandson, Taz.

Many Christians celebrated the life of St. Teresa of Avila. this week. I recently read some of her quotes. A few are below.

Be gentle to all and stern with yourself.
Pain is never permanent.
To have courage for whatever comes in life-everything lies in that.

One more quote.
Most of you have noticed quotes that are sometimes placed below signatures in emails. The funniest one I have seen was received this week:

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather--who died peacefully in his sleep.
Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

No comments: